First Plaice Hunt Of 2017

I have finally dusted down the fishing gear guys and wet a line for the first time this year! So with a few days holiday I decided to try each end of Chesil with a walk to the bridging camp first up ! Well I can tell you I clearly didn't think this one through, having gone from walking Chesil every week to not at all for the last 3 months a shorter walk would have been more appropriate!! on arrival to an area i like to fish I noticed  the concrete blocks that were a good marker had been broken up and scattered over the beach during the winter months but I was more or less on the spot . Conditions were ok I expected the water to be coloured slightly but not with the accompanying swell ! Fishing was poor with a constant stream of dog fish and pout but I wasn't to worried I was genuinely happy to be out after my longest break from fishing  in about 15 years And I was treated to a lovely sunset


The next venue a couple days later was west bexington , On arrival I was disappointed to see very dirty water despite the calm weather we had been having but I gave it a go with very little reward just a small flat fish and a few dog fish was all I could manage.


I decided to wait a few days with the hope of the water clearing up and some better fish to show . This time I was heading to my preferred venue on Chesil  ' Cogdon'  Things were not promising in the first few hours of day light with dogfish coming to both rods ..... but thing changed half way through the flood with the dogs moving away and flatfish starting to feed and I managed 4 plaice and a dab fairly quickly with most fish coming to a hook length with a small shot on !


With the high tide being a few hours before dark I was sure there would be a few more plaice over this period but not a bite I had to wait until it was dark for more action . This was now half way through the flood and the fish started to feed again and I even managed to land the same amount of 4 plaice and one dab so at least I'm consistent !!  9  of the 10 flatties come on the bottom hook of a loop rig so I probably would of fared better with a wishbone rig but I managed 10 flatties on my last trip of which i was more then happy with .




                                                     Out again at the end of April !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Catch Up Report !!

Plaice Aplenty ,April 2017